Can not keep Montipora

Stability is key with any sps.
You should be testing alk, cal, mag once a week IMO if you are serious about keeping them long term and invest in a reliable doser if you don't already have one.
 
+ 1 on the iodine. I could not keep a monti alive to save my life, and my icp showed continuously low iodine. I bought a test kit and it also showed no trace of iodine, and I started dosing very carefully. Only one drop every 2 days on 55 gallon. Within weeks the montis that were barely hanging on stopped deteriorating. Within another couple of weeks I saw a significant improvement of colour, and within 2 months they are growing and thriving. I changed nothing except the iodine.
 
Is this tip bleaching or growing?
E76EFBF0-0AF4-4C49-AE48-F5C0860314D1.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new