Can Selcon Vitamin Supplement Go Bad?

Isaac Alves

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2015
Messages
2,823
Reaction score
1,822
Location
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a bottle of Selcon today. The substance inside appears somewhat brownish in color and not the opaque milky peachy color I'm used to. Is this normal?

Here are pics:

The bottle on the right is the new one. I'm comparing it to my current bottle.

055170e0299bfd9f9c9f18cd89b2ffbf.heic


dde5e70caf066cc20a3b7c8a8edfc621.heic
 
I received a bottle of Selcon today. The substance inside appears somewhat brownish in color and not the opaque milky peachy color I'm used to. Is this normal?

Here are pics:

The bottle on the right is the new one. I'm comparing it to my current bottle.

055170e0299bfd9f9c9f18cd89b2ffbf.heic


dde5e70caf066cc20a3b7c8a8edfc621.heic

You should call the manufacturer and send them these images. They will want to know. Unless they changed their formula, it looks like the lipids are degrading. Oxidation can be an issue with lipids in liquid suspension.

Chad
 
I agree with Chad, any product containing biological compounds has an inherent expiration date, even if it is a sealed bottle with no foreign bacteria present degradation of biological compounds can be caused by a number of other factors including denaturing due to exposure to heat, light or oxygen as stated by Chad above.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new