Can some help me identify this anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lisa jane
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lisa jane

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
64
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got this from our local reef store new to the hobby , he told me the name but I can’t remember and it looks like it has more than one mouth ? It’s huge

just wonder what is called and when I feed it what mouth to feeder also lost a clown fish over night

I think maybe the emerald crab or this any thoughts

thanks
Lisa
5B0D0232-B180-4D59-80D5-AAD85AC86CEE.jpeg
5B0D0232-B180-4D59-80D5-AAD85AC86CEE.jpeg
image.jpg
 
We got this from our local reef store new to the hobby , he told me the name but I can’t remember and it looks like it has more than one mouth ? It’s huge

just wonder what is called and when I feed it what mouth to feeder also lost a clown fish over night

I think maybe the emerald crab or this any thoughts

thanks
Lisa
5B0D0232-B180-4D59-80D5-AAD85AC86CEE.jpeg
5B0D0232-B180-4D59-80D5-AAD85AC86CEE.jpeg
image.jpg

Definitely an Elegance coral and not an anemone. You may want to be be wary of the LFS person who sold this to you as an anemone. Not someone from whom I would ever take any advice!
 
nice elegance coral there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new