Can someone help identify this on zoanthid

charles7

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2022
Messages
425
Reaction score
657
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a frag of zoanthid from an lfs and this is what is on one of the polyps, can someone identify it. It’s white and has triangle shape. The one polyp that is covered at the base doesn’t open like the others.
F08828B7-80B2-4ECA-AE73-318245A2B947.jpeg
F08828B7-80B2-4ECA-AE73-318245A2B947.jpeg
171DFA18-E146-4A89-AE32-D6C069AD271F.jpeg
171DFA18-E146-4A89-AE32-D6C069AD271F.jpeg
E7D05595-C14B-43CC-AC72-72A3B7FC1ACB.jpeg
75791C6F-9092-4060-A7B0-4346AA06C712.jpeg
 
Now that I take a closer look, the portion exposed to light is white black and orange. The bottom is covered… I’m worried, should I just cover it in reef glue?
 
Looks like either poriferan sponge or tunicates
 
Should I try to get rid of them? The polyp opened up half way but the base of it is surrounded in whatever it is
yeah, can be annoying.
Yes you can remove- a dental pick works excellent otherwise plastic utensils. Best done outside of the tank in a container of tank water
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new