Can the Apex ALD cable be repaired if cut?

BigHildy53

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
688
Reaction score
350
Location
Richmond, VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a mistake and left two Apex ALD modules out and my lovely (but not at present) dog chewed the wire. If I can cut the wire and crimp on a new connector, the module is salvageable. What type of connector would I need?
 
It's a RJ-11 4 pin. It should be easy. Just wondering if anyone has done it.
 
The connector and crimp tool are so cheap that I'd just try it and test it out. Actually, I think I still have the crimp tool.
 
It's just a standard 4-pin rj11. Just check the existing end for the right wiring and crimp it on. Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. I've handmade extensions for my ALD.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new