Can this anemone be saved without cipro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cet98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cet98

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
264
Reaction score
120
Location
Home by the Sea
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the record, I do not have possession of this anemone.
It is at my local LFS but I have been offered the opportunity to get it at a reduced price.
However, I do not have access to cipro as no vets in my area are willing to assist with a prescription.
Can this be saved without an antibiotic?
If so, what would be the most effective alternative treatment suggestion?

Thank you for any and all experienced recommendations.

Pic from 3/12


Pic from 3/16
 
I doubt it. If they are already looking in poor condition, time is critical to treating them.
 
I would leave it in the LFS
And get a good healthy one
 
I'd take a pass on it.

You may end up spending more on getting it healthy, than buying a healthy one.
 
I wouldn’t pay for it even reduced price even if I had Cipro . Only do this if you have prior experience. Not worth losing money. If they were concerned they should be treating with Cipro
 
It really depends on the anemone species and what condition its in. I can't see the photos so I'm not able to assess either.
 
You can also get cipro from an online doctor. Goodmds.com. Is it unethical, I don’t know. The prescription is at your pharmacy in less than an hour ready for pick up.

It breaks down so much easier than the meds from Dr. Reef in my experience.
 
No pictures are showing and what anemone were you referring to? The anemone is going to be your biggest factor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new