Can this be repaired?

Kimberly Colwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01EB55E0-5AC7-4BFA-821D-B1DFD3D73D62.jpeg
This is my spare 29gal bio cube Tank I keep just in case I need it and it got a large crack when it was moved into storage. Can it be repaired or is it a lost cause? If it can be repaired, what do i use to make the repair?
Thanks!

Mark Bianco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If what I am seeing is a crack on the outside glass then its not worth repairing. The glass is one piece molded glass on most 29gl. But not all is lost you could always turn it into a critter tank do you like snakes, lizards, or rodents ;Happy

Mark

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, @Kimberly Colwell

Well...
Now, You have an Lizard Lounge :D, and It would not try to repair it.

Welcome to Reef 2 Reef, and hope you feel at home.

:)

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You " might" could try running a bead of silicone on the inside. Let it skin up ( maybe an hour or so ) then fill it with water. the water pressure will push the silicone into the crack "maybe ". I wouldn't trust it ever. But it could make a sump or temporary tank for curing rock or such. Outside of course !
That said, Is it worth the hassle? I would think not. Plus You have another ! Please tell us about your tank/setup.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you remove the baffle inside.. get a cut piece of glass of the same thickness of the tank and apply it over the cracked area from top to bottom the cut the baffles down and reinstall them.... It will work and HOLD..

BUT You time and money buying glass , Getting baffles cut down or replacing them buying sealant.... Then the fact you still have a cracked tank..

So yes.. IT CAN BE Repaired to answer your Question..

The Question you have to consider is rather you want to put the effort into doing so.. I have a Cracked 75 gal sump that i repaired years ago... But mine is in the Basement ...

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 46 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 78 46.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back