Can this crack be fixed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Treenk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Treenk

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2019
Messages
545
Reaction score
593
Location
New Orleans
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to move the tank to the garage due to a storm. My son went to pick it up by the plumbing, and it made a crack. Is it fixable or is the tank trash now?

20240905_133219.jpg 20240905_133200.jpg 20240823_004157.jpg
 
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the crack. Is it in the aquarium itself or along the plumbing?
 
I would not put water in a cracked tank, especially one where the crack originates from a weak point to begin with like a bulkhead hole. That being said, tank may not be trash if you are able to replace that specific pane of glass, or find someone local to you that can.
 
The crack goes diagonally down from the right bulk head. I'd it wasn't on the bulk head I'd try just adding a pain over it, it's not visible from the front anyway, but the bulk head is the problem.
 
One thing you never want is a flood in your house. At this point, the tank is done. Unless you know someone (or you know how to do the repair) it's time to get another tank. Back in the day, I had to do a quick tank swap do to a leak. It was an arduous task. Something I'd like not to repeat. Took 2 or 3 days as I had to modify the stand as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new