CAN TWO CSB FROM DIFFERENT MOMS COEXIST ANEMONES?

FlameangelLover

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2025
Messages
842
Reaction score
838
Location
detroit
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can two Colorado sunburst from different moms coexist? I have a CSB but I seen another one that is bigger that I also want. Can they coexist and can they touch?
 
Yes, they can. Even if they're from different "mothers," they're a BTA. BTAs generally recognize others of the same species and usually coexist without issues. Plenty of hobbyists keep multiple Colorados from different lineages in the same tank, and they'll often end up touching or even clustering together. There can be some minor irritation while they're settling in, but it's uncommon for BTAs to have the kind of serious chemical warfare you see between different anemone species. As always, the bigger concern is giving them enough space to find a spot they like and protecting powerheads while they're moving.

Since BTAs reproduce asexually by splitting, different CSBs from different lineages aren't necessarily genetically identical, but they're still the same species. Small gene differences from mutation and evolution don't usually prevent them from coexisting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new