Can you add a large yellowtail angelfish?

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To a 180 gallon tank with:

4" blue hippo
4" sailfin
3.25" picasso triggerfish
7" foxface rabbitfish
A pair of clowns

Temporarily only oc, Ive read they'd get along, plenty of caves, some sites says theyre aggressive some say semi aggressive.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
To a 180 gallon tank with:

4" blue hippo
4" sailfin
3.25" picasso triggerfish
7" foxface rabbitfish
A pair of clowns

Temporarily only oc, Ive read they'd get along, plenty of caves, some sites says theyre aggressive some say semi aggressive.
Should be fine. Getting them eating will be the challenge long term with competition but they eat meaty foods and some vegetation

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could i add more fish or am i topped out
Haven't you had problems with ammonia in your tank? Did you ever get that figured out? That Emergency thread was only a week ago.

In your thread about the ammonia problem, you said the tank was 125 gallons. That tank had the same stock as this 180 gallon tank. Did you move the fish to a new tank?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Could i add more fish or am i topped out
I would hold and manage water quality and diet and see how all are getting along

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't you had problems with ammonia in your tank? Did you ever get that figured out? That Emergency thread was only a week ago.

In your thread about the ammonia problem, you said the tank was 125 gallons. That tank had the same stock as this 180 gallon tank. Did you move the fish to a new tank?
Yes I vacuumed the substrate(it was just a little bit dirty though..) performed 50% water change(which I havent done since adding bio spira and fish in july) that brought it down to .2 or around, this 125 will be converted to a 180 in less than a month, I am always looking to increase my tank size if I can, started with a 55, btw I didnt think a water change would help as I had done it before and didnt do anything(this has happened to other reefers as well)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back