Can you confirm ID for me please

NeedAReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
586
Reaction score
568
Location
Mesa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id and particulars...food, enemies, reef safe? Low or high in the tank etc

Am thinking Cherry Anemone (Red Waratah Anemone)

Maybe? for reference it is larger than a US Quarter.

20241207_131707.jpg
 
Last edited:
Beautiful, but I don’t know what you’re asking about.
Bumps
 
Where did you get it? Looks like a temperate water anemone.
local LFS. Someone traded it in, was sitting in one of their hold tanks for several months, they were not sure what kind it was and no one was asking, but I did, so I grabbed it.
 
It's very similar to a beadlet anemone but the difference is the white markings around the mouth
If a times it balls up and looks like a blob and when you put food in the tank it opens up fully it then has the same behaviour as a beadlet
1000000089.jpg
i think it will be hardy and will need not much care my anemones take flake also tiny pellets
Frozen food either spot feed with a turkey baster or let it get it from your water current
Feed twice a week, I like to spot feed them just small amounts
The waratah looks very similar to the beadlet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new