Can you have to much filter media

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what people put in their media baskets for a 32 gallon led biocube?

Simple answer is yes. Too much media can impede the flow.

Most people tend to like filterfloss in the basket... it polishes the water and is easy to change frequently.

Dave Splain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32Biocube 32 also. I have "upgraded" InTank media basket and fuge basket. Starting at the top of the media basket I have a filter pad, next level is live rock rubble, next level is puragen, the final level is 11oz chemi-pure elite and a small bag of activated carbon. In the fuge I have a foam pad with a piece of rock on top (I have that there for the benefit of amphipods and copes) and chaeto. I have a JBJ 4 led magnet light that I have come on when my lights go out. I would not recommend this light, at least not directly on the back of the tank. It does grow the chaeto however I am constantly growing bad algae also! I am using s Hydor wavemaking pump and I am guessing somewhere in the range of 30 lbs of live rock. Sorry I do not have pictures on this computer however I will see if I can post a few later.
I hope this helps!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.3%
Back