Can you have to much filter media

Swimjam

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2018
Messages
18
Reaction score
13
Location
Madison
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what people put in their media baskets for a 32 gallon led biocube?
 
Just wondering what people put in their media baskets for a 32 gallon led biocube?


Simple answer is yes. Too much media can impede the flow.

Most people tend to like filterfloss in the basket... it polishes the water and is easy to change frequently.
 
I have a 32Biocube 32 also. I have "upgraded" InTank media basket and fuge basket. Starting at the top of the media basket I have a filter pad, next level is live rock rubble, next level is puragen, the final level is 11oz chemi-pure elite and a small bag of activated carbon. In the fuge I have a foam pad with a piece of rock on top (I have that there for the benefit of amphipods and copes) and chaeto. I have a JBJ 4 led magnet light that I have come on when my lights go out. I would not recommend this light, at least not directly on the back of the tank. It does grow the chaeto however I am constantly growing bad algae also! I am using s Hydor wavemaking pump and I am guessing somewhere in the range of 30 lbs of live rock. Sorry I do not have pictures on this computer however I will see if I can post a few later.
I hope this helps!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new