Can you have too many Turbo's

  • Thread starter Thread starter JonoH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JonoH

ɹǝpunʍoᗡ ƃuıɟǝǝᴚ
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2023
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
4,673
Location
Adelaide, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A number of years ago I picked up some live rock from a local for my tank when i was upgrading, and it came with some turbo snails on it.

Fast forward to today, i literally have hundreds of them in my tank, regularly take 50 at a time to my LFS and give them away to other reefers also.

Question is, can you have too many in your tank - this was the other night, just on one part of the glass...

2025-03-29 22.36.29.jpg


2025-03-29 22.36.39.jpg
 
A number of years ago I picked up some live rock from a local for my tank when i was upgrading, and it came with some turbo snails on it.

Fast forward to today, i literally have hundreds of them in my tank, regularly take 50 at a time to my LFS and give them away to other reefers also.

Question is, can you have too many in your tank - this was the other night, just on one part of the glass...

2025-03-29 22.36.29.jpg


2025-03-29 22.36.39.jpg
If you had too much they would be dying from starvation. Population will self regulate. No issues here if they are all living and acting fine
 
As long as they dont starve and die en-masse, no. That is awesome, wish i had some better propigators in my tank. I think that you pulling 50 is definitely helping to keep things balanced though.
 
well, your tank should be quite clean, but you figure they would self limit their population
It does stay pretty clean - they only get onto the front glass when i havent scraped it in a week.

I like to leave it sometimes just for this :-)

If you had too much they would be dying from starvation. Population will self regulate. No issues here if they are all living and acting fine
Figured self regulating also helps when I remove a heap :-)
I dont have a heap of dead snail shells around which is normally what you would expect if they are dying off.
 
I grow a bunch of Pom Pom gracilaria that I sell to my LFS for store credit. Works out great because not a lot of people have it :)
Yeah nice - i do the same with Chaeto also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new