Can you have too much pressure on your return line?

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least we agree, whether a pump/canister..Gotta go beyond just calculations, and never stick with first build of plumbing...

If I seen the picture in beginning of thread, or drawing in thread. We could have all been on same understanding of plumbing, calculation method, applied physics of plumbing Dynamics and Personal Choices.

But Sorry, When Heard "Fluval," that scared me!
Thinking of anyone making choices in their plumbing decisions, with canisters involved.
Would hate for anyone to get wrong advice, purchasing a fluval canister and plumbing it thinking it be better off; for their system.

Definetly: 1" intake
and
would vary between all our opinions.
3 returns @(1/2") w/Ball Valves
2 returns @(3/4"). W/o Ball
Valves...But
I prefer to
have ability
to adjust
down

1 return. @. (1")

All above run "Check Valve " before split manifold..

I prefer ability to give slight back pressure, especially cause future upgrade in plumbing t off PVC after return pump with a Ball Valve back to Sump.

*Easy water changing ability, *Adding Re-Circulatory skimming feature,
*Run UV line and back to sump,
*Or adding chiller and back to sump...

Seyoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you man, you have to actually create and put together something some time before you can be a critic. And I always take my first attempt apart. LOL Good call on that one.

I am just saying that science is still science and that a specific diameter pipe will only want to push so much water through it. But you are right, put a big pump on the thing and you can increase the velocity of the water, decreasing the pressure in the pipes, so it makes sense what you are doing, it really does. It's just not what I would do, but we all are different for very good reasons. Now I see how you are doing your plumbing and it's smart as hell, never thought of doing that before. May try it on a smaller tank set up to see what happens. Thanks man!

I understand what you're saying Mr. Newton, of course it won't stay at 1000, but I was pointing out the numbers an

What's a canister? The Fluval SP2? I'm just not following you man.
We are both understanding each other.

Back