Can you help me ID these algaes?

potatocouch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
617
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20180910_225728.jpg
20180910_225712.jpg
 
Am I wrong , I see like four diffent alges.
 
you're probably not, bud.

name them please.
The top pic isn’t very good. There seem to be two or three there.

The lower Long one i seen more detail as well.
There are sadly a couple red turf algaes out there and yes they are noxious.
You may want to run a heavier carbon or purigen to help the corals.
 
The top pic isn’t very good. There seem to be two or three there.

The lower Long one i seen more detail as well.
There are sadly a couple red turf algaes out there and yes they are noxious.
You may want to run a heavier carbon or purigen to help the corals.

What's this one? most of the Algaes are 80% this kind.
Am not sure if this is Caulerpa Sp (Grape); can you confirm? I will be running Fluconazole in couple days time to take care of the GHA but I don't believe it'll kill this thing.
Don't even know what is that swamp thing near the box that looks bubbling chemical like.
20180910_225728-jpg.836047
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new