Can you help me ID?

armandoarturo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I was snorkeling and found this Orange guys... since Im new to this, I have no clue of what it is, and I would love to ID and find out what it is... thanks!!

41708FF4-6F8B-40B1-AB5D-81BCF10770D1.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,looks like nems to me,philipines?? ,hey @Eagle_Steve any idea on nems :cool:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took it in San Carlos, Mexico
I assume Gulf of California San Carlos. If that is true it is a warty sea nem, but specific to that area. Similar to the gulf species, but can tolerate cold water better, has less tentacles and are not sticky (still have stinging cells). I believe the scientific name is Bunodosoma californica. I have snorkeled in Baja and seen tons of them. Cool little critters.

Would love to have a few, but not sure how that would work at the border lol.

OP
OP
armandoarturo

armandoarturo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume Gulf of California San Carlos. If that is true it is a warty sea nem, but specific to that area. Similar to the gulf species, but can tolerate cold water better, has less tentacles and are not sticky (still have stinging cells). I believe the scientific name is Bunodosoma californica. I have snorkeled in Baja and seen tons of them. Cool little critters.

Would love to have a few, but not sure how that would work at the border lol.
Looks like you are right Ive looked up “Bunodosoma California” and it matches morphologic features and zone although the Ones I saw were bright orange color, but like you said this could be specific to the area..
Thanks a lot Steve!!!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are right Ive looked up “Bunodosoma California” and it matches morphologic features and zone although the Ones I saw were bright orange color, but like you said this could be specific to the area..
Thanks a lot Steve!!!
Not a problem. Glad my, most of the time useless, fascination with nems was able to help some one lol.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back