Can you help me identify this coral?

Baby Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2020
Messages
22
Reaction score
44
Location
St. Augustine
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this coral in my tank and I have no idea what it is. Someone told me they thought it might be a brain coral, but they weren't sure. Can anyone help me identify this beauty?

Thanks in advance.
1603288890171.png
 
Pagoda Cup Coral
 
These are brains:

1603289570322.png
1603289580085.png
1603289590621.png
 
Should be a hydnophora coral. Search this name on google and you will see a lot of images just like it. Leave a good amount of space around it, they are aggressive stingers. Have a good day!
 
Then it would be as coral.com stated- hydnophora
 
Should be a hydnophora coral. Search this name on google and you will see a lot of images just like it. Leave a good amount of space around it, they are aggressive stingers. Have a good day!
Thank you so much.
 
It's definitely a Hydnophora. I found the same one in a time laps video eating another coral. :eek: He's very happy where he is so I will definitely have to evaluate the tank and see what I can do to keep that from happening.

Thank you everyone for helping me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new