can you help me identify this crab?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ballyhoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ballyhoo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
840
Reaction score
228
Location
san diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought it on a spur thing looking at it was so cool. It's about two or 3 inches wide and the identifying features I think are two yellow eyes and a flapper thing in between them. It's large 3 to 4 inches diameter. I'm concerned it's not coming out with my BTA and I might need to move it to a different tank. Not sure how I would trap it.

actually, the peppermint shrimp have been aggravating my BTA and I'm definitely gonna be doing the plastic bottle trap tonight. Any shrimp dumb enough to walk in to the trap and not be able to walk out deserves to be trapped. Those peppermints were great in that they eliminated all aptoids. But their pests.

IMG_7475.jpeg IMG_7478.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new