Can you help me name this coral

e50f54825e8e11703dbc5c3f9b63c79f.jpg
 
Very cool growth form, not familiar with it off the top of my head. Name it whatever you want, but why are we naming a pic of a coral you found online? I would like to see a normal shot of it under good lights with no gel filter before I take a shot at naming it.
Looks like it's tabling and a nice thing branching type coral. But the branches could be looking more upward than it looks like. I wouldn't call it a stag though. I think of thick long branching, with coralites that form randomly and spaced out when I think staghorns.
 
Looks pretty much like a tort.
Many corals grow sideways when the light is too low. Then you crank the lights up and they turn upwards. It's just something to consider.
 
Got a coral from a local reefer that was breaking his tank down when I got it it was bleached white now after a few months it’s starting to get purple/ blue tips with a bit of green polyps. But still have some brown on it where and there.
 
Looks like a tenuis mated with a Jacquelinee (probably spelled wrong).

I see growth change like that moreso with flow, and growth growing into it or away from it.

I do see what the options meant by name I think. You want the sientific name so you can look for that species in the future or something?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new