Can you swim with your fish?

MiniReef10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a strange question but I have a 40' round 5' high outdoor saltwater pool all ready for fish. I was planning for a few bonnetheads. I decided that even better then that was to swim with the fish. I was wondering if you could swim with harmless fish
thank you

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I know this is a strange question but I have a 40' round 5' high outdoor saltwater pool all ready for fish. I was planning for a few bonnetheads. I decided that even better then that was to swim with the fish. I was wondering if you could swim with harmless fish
thank you
Haha odd question but very coool. Im sure you can, just make sure your not wearing sunscreen or bug spray, theres also a few other chemicals that could possibly be harmfull to the fish. Otherwise, people in public aquariums swim with their fish all the time =) so i wouldnt see why not

reeftank220master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you
Do you have any pics of this outdoor saltwater pool?

OP
OP
MiniReef10

MiniReef10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha odd question but very coool. Im sure you can, just make sure your not wearing sunscreen or bug spray, theres also a few other chemicals that could possibly be harmfull to the fish. Otherwise, people in public aquariums swim with their fish all the time =) so i wouldnt see why not

Okay thanks a lot

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have a problem. I used to take care of 3 5000 gallon aquariums full of look downs. To clean the glass I would swim in them once a week. I would not use any products in my hair or wear deodorant until I was done in the tanks for the day. I would wear a regular bathing suit and rash guard but was sure not to wash them with detergent just hot water.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found an old picture
IMG_1726.JPG

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Tank Kings had an episode with a big outdoor saltwater pool of fish. The owners swam/snorkelled in it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back