Can you switch Coral Lab Presets ?

crustytheclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I was wondering if it's possible to switch the Coral Lab Presets without having to change intensity of the lights? I'm running the LPS/Soft and it's looking a little blue for my tastes. Any ideas?

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can adjust the color channels,(i.e. more white) if that's what you're asking.

OP
OP
C

crustytheclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about that. The photo is how I have the light dialed. I am blue at 100, royal blue at 100, white at 15, green at 20 and red at 25. Should I just increase the white slowly until I get the color I want?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002-145012_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002-145012_Drive.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 25

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about that. The photo is how I have the light dialed. I am blue at 100, royal blue at 100, white at 15, green at 20 and red at 25. Should I just increase the white slowly until I get the color I want?
OK a bit out of the box thinking here...RGB = W
So you have 2 choices either increase r/g (depending on your comfort zone) and also shut white off, which will add more white.. Or just add white.
You can decrease any/both of the blues an equal amount.
Say you up white 10% decrease blue/rb 5% each if you want to roughly keep par equal. Crude but the best you got.
Can go into drive currents and real wattages but this is simpler.
• Cool White: 8 Cree XP-G2 (40W)
• Deep Blue: 8 Osram Oslon Square (40W )
• Blue: 8 Cree XP-E (24W)
• Green: 4 Cree XP-E (14W)
• Hyper Red: 4 Osram Oslon SSL (12W)
• Yellow: 2 Osram Oslon SSL (6W)
• Indigo: 4 SemiLEDs (10W)
• UV: 4 SemiLEDs (10W)
XR30 G3 Pro.. which do you have?

Cool whites have lots of rb in them anyways.

Even if you don't keep it I'd try the R/G trick first just to see what it looks like compared to adding just white.
Background:

Common wisdom would seem to imply finding a "color" you like quickly, returning to current settings and then gradually adj over time to get to it..The very cautious approach..especially if you do the r/g boost.

Believe Dana recommends no more than 20% red spectrum OVERALL not 20% of a slider btw..

Most reef lights don't look to be able exceed that at 100% BUT a guess here.
Out of the 156 "watts" above 12 are red and the cool whites are probably way low in red if greater than 6500K.
15% red. Should be done w/ PAR but really who has par for every red channel for every light.

Again advice without warranty as to effects..and just based on "others" beliefs and physics of color.
In other words not hard to get you a whiter tank 2 different ways, the results ???
Doesn't seem to be an issue running most radions at 100% on all channels even if globally dimmed.

Geekyness for the day..
Mounted on an extruded aluminum frame 30 cm above the mesocosm aquarium, eight Radion XR30w Pro LEDs (EcoTech Marine) (Figure 1s) with wide angle lenses provided lighting for the corals. Each light was plugged into a separate power output on the energy bar and connected to the Apex through a WXM extension module via Wi-Fi. To simulate the sun's arc in the sky (from sunrise through to sunset), individual profiles were programmed through the classic dashboard. Three profiles were created, Rad_SunUp, Rad_Midday, and Rad_SunDn (Fig. S3). The Radions 6 LED channels (White, Blue, Royal Blue, Green, Red, and UV) were set to 50%, 100%, 100%, 50%, 50%, and 100%, respectively.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 65 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back