CANADIAN???!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not had any luck trying to find some. My LFS has no connection in Canada to find some. Personally, I've been waiting for the border to open so I can drive and get a few things.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked both of those, they are not in stock, I checked LFS's across Canada, I really tried, but could not find them. I think the LFS's are also waiting for the border to open.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked both of those, they are not in stock, I checked LFS's across Canada, I really tried, but could not find them. I think the LFS's are also waiting for the border to open.
They’re most likely a special order item right now. I’ve seen garden eels, pipefish, octopi and stingrays at Bayside, so I’m pretty sure seahorses are also doable. But again, you’d have to drop them a line to find out for certain.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once in awhile . Big als aquarium services has them but it’s been a few years since I’ve seen them .

there are a few places if you ask for them and possibly pre pay they will order them for you .

look are a few breeders on Facebook groups but again , that’s been a few years since I’ve saw them

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Coral Reef Shop in Burlington, Ontario can get them (the large ones). The owner's name is Red. I have purchased fish from him and will get coral from him as well when my new tank is more mature. He's a very helpful guy. I was inquiring about the dwarfs which is probably a no-go that's when he mentioned the Erectus type. I also heard Big Al's for the Erectus but that's probably a special order item as might be the case with the Coral Reef Shop. It was posted about contacting Seahorse Canada. To the best of my knowledge they don't do retail. That's probably where Big Al's, etc get theirs from. Keep us posted as to your progress. If I ever get a bigger tank I will keep these guys or hopefully someone can do dwarfs with a CITES permit for captive breeding.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back