Candy cane help!

Also to me it looks like those black worms are burrowing into the corals structure. Are they just on the surface? Depth is super hard to tel in pics
 
Hard to tell for sure based on the pics but these look like holes bored into your coral skeleton. There shouldn’t be so much damage to the base of the skeleton like this either. Mines slowly become one complete piece with my rock it’s on.
dang so they really are worms. Weird thing is that they never move or jump around. I dont have a dip on me, never used one tbh mainly because of their price but looks like i might need one. Im worried that if I dip the coral and add more stress, i might lose it.
 
dang so they really are worms. Weird thing is that they never move or jump around. I dont have a dip on me, never used one tbh mainly because of their price but looks like i might need one. Im worried that if I dip the coral and add more stress, i might lose it.
I mean it’s 50-50. Totally up to you. I’m of the opinion that if it starts going downhill anyway a dip may save it. It’s totally up to you. Maybe someone else will chime in. Mine looked completely D-E-D, dead. But they came back and are thriving
 
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new