Candy cane help!

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to me it looks like those black worms are burrowing into the corals structure. Are they just on the surface? Depth is super hard to tel in pics

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell for sure based on the pics but these look like holes bored into your coral skeleton. There shouldn’t be so much damage to the base of the skeleton like this either. Mines slowly become one complete piece with my rock it’s on.
dang so they really are worms. Weird thing is that they never move or jump around. I dont have a dip on me, never used one tbh mainly because of their price but looks like i might need one. Im worried that if I dip the coral and add more stress, i might lose it.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang so they really are worms. Weird thing is that they never move or jump around. I dont have a dip on me, never used one tbh mainly because of their price but looks like i might need one. Im worried that if I dip the coral and add more stress, i might lose it.
I mean it’s 50-50. Totally up to you. I’m of the opinion that if it starts going downhill anyway a dip may save it. It’s totally up to you. Maybe someone else will chime in. Mine looked completely D-E-D, dead. But they came back and are thriving

Dfrashid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back