Candy cane need help

Sankha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
17
Location
Kolkata
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ATO malfunction 2 days ago and the salinity of the tank dropped off to 1.020ppm, I eventually bought back the salinity to 1.025 ppm, but after the incident my candicane looks like this, attached photos for reference. Need urgent help to recover the candy cane
4bba4fe1-5819-43c2-bb90-ee6717af7f96.jpg
8f754f30-171e-455d-8598-251ade0a630a.jpg
7e3cf4d8-5181-402c-9310-5944cfb2de64.jpg
 
Hard to tell from pictures but it looks like you might have brown jelly disease. If it is, I would frag the healthy heads and trash the the rotten ones.
 
Its not a huge change in salinity, I would be surprised if this is the only stress to the coral causing this. Do you have other corals in your tank, how are they? More details about your tank, and pictures in white light will help us more.
 
Its not a huge change in salinity, I would be surprised if this is the only stress to the coral causing this. Do you have other corals in your tank, how are they? More details about your tank, and pictures in white light will help us more.
I have few zoa's, GSP and a Gonipora, they seems to be doing fine
 
IMO if other corals are doing fine, then it might be that the coral does not like its position, sometimes just moving it to a different spot in the tank can help.

Without more details on the tank its difficult to offer better suggestions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new