Candy cane need help

Sankha

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
17
Location
Kolkata
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a ATO malfunction 2 days ago and the salinity of the tank dropped off to 1.020ppm, I eventually bought back the salinity to 1.025 ppm, but after the incident my candicane looks like this, attached photos for reference. Need urgent help to recover the candy cane
4bba4fe1-5819-43c2-bb90-ee6717af7f96.jpg
8f754f30-171e-455d-8598-251ade0a630a.jpg
7e3cf4d8-5181-402c-9310-5944cfb2de64.jpg
 
Hard to tell from pictures but it looks like you might have brown jelly disease. If it is, I would frag the healthy heads and trash the the rotten ones.
 
Its not a huge change in salinity, I would be surprised if this is the only stress to the coral causing this. Do you have other corals in your tank, how are they? More details about your tank, and pictures in white light will help us more.
 
Its not a huge change in salinity, I would be surprised if this is the only stress to the coral causing this. Do you have other corals in your tank, how are they? More details about your tank, and pictures in white light will help us more.
I have few zoa's, GSP and a Gonipora, they seems to be doing fine
 
IMO if other corals are doing fine, then it might be that the coral does not like its position, sometimes just moving it to a different spot in the tank can help.

Without more details on the tank its difficult to offer better suggestions.
 
Please do let me know what other details about the tank would be helpful to recover my candycane
 
Please do let me know what other details about the tank would be helpful to recover my candycane
Parameters

Lighting

Flow

Age of the coral

How is everything else doing
 
Please do let me know what other details about the tank would be helpful to recover my candycane
Parameters

Lighting

Flow

Age of the coral

How is everything else doing
Ammonia, nitrite at 0 ppm, nitrate at 15ppm alk at 8.5dkh, salinity at 1.025ppm, calcium at 430ppm, haven't tested for magnesium, temp 26°c, light - Maxspect MJ L260 for 8 hrs with blue, purple maxed out at actinic blue at 75% with 0 white, yellow and red is at 3&7% respectively , bought the candy cane in mid September (last month), all my zoa's, gonipora doing fine so far
 
I would move to an area with lower flow so it can recover. Your parameters are fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new