Candy cane not doing well

Angelab1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One polyp on my candy cane looks bad, is it normal for 1 to die and the others to be ok?

Last edited:

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many other polyps are there. I would try an iodine bath and if it keeps spreading amputate that polyp and then treat with iodine then seal with silicone or super glue. If you want you could also treat the amputated polyp and grow it out as a frag. Do not amputate if there are not to many polyps.

OP
OP
A

Angelab1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many other polyps are there. I would try an iodine bath and if it keeps spreading amputate that polyp and then treat with iodine then seal with silicone or super glue. If you want you could also treat the amputated polyp and grow it out as a frag. Do not amputate if there are not to many polyps.
There’s 3 polyps. This one has it’s tentacles out but they have a green color to them. I feed them today (reef rod) and all 3 seemed to eat. I’m moving it to another place where it’s a little more shady. Hopefully that will help.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A photo would help. Please turn off the blues (or fix white balance) so that we can see what it actually looks like. IME, they tend to be pretty hardy. More information about your system would be helpful as well. Parameters, tank size, total circulation, age, lighting, etc. More info is good info.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Candy canes do well under moderate lighting high on blues and moderate water flot. Daily feeding not required and is there any nearby coral that could have stung that one head?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back