Candy Cane Not Looking So Hot

  • Thread starter Thread starter dangles
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dangles

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2022
Messages
1,866
Reaction score
2,429
Location
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One side is starting to look pale and wrinkly or deflated. Has anybody seen this before? I’ve had it for more than a year (it started as just 2-3 polyps) and it has survived much larger nutrient swings than anything I’ve had lately without issue. It’s just one side (although it looks to be spreading). It’s not near anything that might tick it off.




IMG_0462.jpeg
 
Personally I see nothing concerning. They could be getting ready to split, I find that polyps kind of scrunch up when beginning to split. Overall the colony looks good. Its just my 2 cents but thats what I think is happening.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new