Candy coral with red growth?

Saltytortoise

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
12
Reaction score
34
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, man I love reef2reef, I have a question as a new hobbyist.

I bought this candy coral about 2 months ago and it seems happy, it has a ton of new head growth/ has split and created new heads, it opens and closes every morning and night.

But I noticed this new red growth on the base of the heads this was all green and now I'm seeing this new red growth. Should I be concerned?

IMG_20230401_101241839.jpg IMG_20230401_101236578.jpg IMG_20230401_101230812.jpg
 
Its coraline algae most likely. Ive never seen a candycane coral branched this much though. Likely due to insufficent lighting.
Most likely, when I bought the peace from my local, I was just as surprised. But thank you so much for the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new