Canister filter

  • Thread starter Thread starter luffy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I skimmed this fairly quickly so forgive me if I missed anything but make sure you have an adequate amount of live rock in the tank to establish biological filtration, as you will lose quite a bit upon cleaning out your filter periodically. Years ago, without as much rock as we use today, we used to run fluidized bed filters (hang on reactor filled with sand fed by a power head) in addition to the canisters. This makes me feel old….
 
I skimmed this fairly quickly so forgive me if I missed anything but make sure you have an adequate amount of live rock in the tank to establish biological filtration, as you will lose quite a bit upon cleaning out your filter periodically. Years ago, without as much rock as we use today, we used to run fluidized bed filters (hang on reactor filled with sand fed by a power head) in addition to the canisters. This makes me feel old….
You are doing better than me, I just have to look in the mirror and I feel old!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new