cannon rebel xs

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a Canon XSi which is very similar in its capabilities. I'm a noob to SLRs, but my understanding is that it's best to buy a cheap body and spend the extra $ on lens upgrades. I'm currently just using the 18-55mm that came with the kit, but I'm looking at the canon 60mm, sigma 70mm or Tamron 90mm macro lenses. I'm sure you'll be happy with it if you're upgrading from a point and shoot like I was
 
IMG_0145-1.jpg
 
Thats a wonderful photo!
 
I just picked up a Canon 60mm today and I'm definitely happy with it compared to the stock lens from the kit. The closeups are so crisp and clear!!!
 
indeed! not only an excellent macro lens, but it's also a great portrait and general use lens for my needs. if you look through the reviews of it on b&h photo every single one of them is raving.
 
I also just got my XSi one month ago and Love it
I shoot all reef pics in manual ..

Tri pod is your friend ...
Any other questions give a shout..
Got these pics with stock 18-55 lens.
first with flash the second top down
march6004.jpg

march5131.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new