Cannot add my 2nd radion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tdam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I cannot get mobius to connect to my 2nd radion. At one point, I had them both connected and working well. They have been running for a few months. But now, only one device was showing connected. I made the mistake of removing the 2nd light from mobius, to see if I could reconnect it. But now its not even popping up for me to connect. Any ideas?

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a similar issue. Couldn't connect 2 of my G5 Blues to Mobius. I called their support and they told me to do a factory reset. Try that first. The procedure is outlined here:

Unfortunately, in my case, that still didn't work and left me with just flashing red and white lights at the end. At that point, they told me nothing more that they could do and that I'll have to send them in for service. Can't tell me how much it'll cost until they see it. I think it's kind of ridiculous actually. The lights aren't more than 6 months old and they won't cover it...

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I cannot get mobius to connect to my 2nd radion. At one point, I had them both connected and working well. They have been running for a few months. But now, only one device was showing connected. I made the mistake of removing the 2nd light from mobius, to see if I could reconnect it. But now its not even popping up for me to connect. Any ideas?
What generation light is it? Look on the top of the radion and tell me what color the buttons are.

My first thought was, if these are g3 or g4s then you might see the light when you click on update legacy devices.

20200926_094113.jpg

If it's a G5. Answer the button question and we can go from there.

OP
OP
T

tdam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gen 5 blues. I tried to factory reset and now its blinking red and white no matter what buttons I hit. Hmmmm... bad hardware?

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
s
Gen 5 blues. I tried to factory reset and now its blinking red and white no matter what buttons I hit. Hmmmm... bad hardware?
This is exactly what I've been experiencing. And they told me that the only option now is to send it in. Unplugging, replugging, restarting the app simply get the lights to turn on again. But they still won't connect to Mobius.

OP
OP
T

tdam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update, I unplugged it and waited for a few hours. Still nothing. Just stuck on red and white flashing lights. I brought my lights to work today, so I could call customer service. I plugged it in... and it's working. Went home on my lunch break and got it to connect. I did still call customer service to see what it could be. And our theory was that maybe the power supply cords were a little loose, and just had to be pushed in more, which maybe caused it to blink. Praying that was just the case.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back