Canon ?

Carolina Frags

Fragging for a Living
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
93
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Powershot SD800IS,what is the best setting for this camera?It has a Aquarium setting on it but the pictures are to blue .So I have been using Manual so I could set the White balance.Pictures are still not as clear as I would like.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 164
Few more
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 174
The I.S. (Image Stabilization) feature this camera has should allow you to take pictures at a slower ISO thus eliminating grain for sharper pictures. It apears that the images you posted were either taken at a very high ISO or cropped severly.

What the IS does is reduce camera shake at lower shutter speeds that are necessary in lower light conditions.

Try ISO’s of 400 through 800 with the IS feature enabled. You have a zoom up to 105mm for macro type pictures and at that much zoom, the IS will really come in handy.
 
Thanks loks better.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 173

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new