Can't figure out my microbubbles!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Teeter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Teeter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2023
Messages
121
Reaction score
74
Location
Oviedo
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all,

I've had this 47G Tideline AIO setup for a couple months now, and throughout the whole time, the return has been spewing bubbles. I was able to significantly reduce them by raising the water level in the return chamber, but the bubbles are increasing in quantity again. I've tightened all the connections and made sure a vortex wasn't being created. I attached pics to show what's going on back there as well. At this point, do I need to just purchase a new pump? Really not sure what to do to fix this. Thanks!

PIPE1.jpeg
pipe2.jpeg
aio.jpeg
 
Can you reduce the flow to see if it helps?
 
Figured I’d update this after figuring out the issue…they weren’t bubbles. Apparently, my issue the entire time was just detritus and particles in the water. The fleece rollers that came with the tank (marketplace purchase) weren’t a snug fit in the overflow chambers at all. SOOOO much water was just passing right around them. This brand tank isn’t super popular, it seems, but I was able to order some custom acrylic filter sock holders, and the difference is night and day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new