Can't find black screen frame for DIY top

Thanks for this. I actually cut a piece of clear acrylic as a temporary solution. If I can't find a good aluminum frame I will probably do another acrylic piece that has proper cut outs for my equipment. What did you use to cut yours? I bought an acrylic/plexiglass cutter that looks like a glorified box cutter. :)
Clearview lids did my top. They custom fit it to light m I unts also. Little pricy but a nice piece that doesn't take away the ascetic beauty of your tank
 
Nice! I saw a diy on another site on how to build a laser cutter. I think it used the laser component from a computer dvd writer. I should diy one of those so I can cut my own acrylic sheet for a diy tank lid. LOL
This one is 20x plus more powerful.
A diode laser would likely not cut 3mm acrylic. But I could be wrong
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new