Can't get Apex.local page.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up this particular Apex 2016 initially. Light on base unit turns orange when I connect to a router with ethernet cable. Then can't get Apex.local page on a tab in my browser to login. I type "Apex.local" in the URL box and nothing happens. The screen is totally blank. I always have trouble getting the Apex.local page on a tab in my browser. I can get the Fusion login page but this is not the same?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go the fusion route. Should work. Don't forget to update your Apex OS first thing.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the Apex has ever been renamed before, the name will be 'newname.local', not 'apex.local'.

Sometimes the DNS translation of apex.local to a proper IP address doesn't work.
In this case, you can go to your router, find the Apex, and make note of it's local IP address.
Enter that, it should work. To keep it always the same, you can set a static local IP address on the Apex Network page, rather than using DHCP.

Another was is to use this small app from Neptune to find the Apex on your local network.
Then just click on it in the app and it'll launch the local page in your browser.

Attachments

• ApexBrowse_mac.zip
    2 MB · Views: 376
  • ApexBrowse_pc.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 584

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back