Can't get my alkalinity above 6.4

  • Thread starter Thread starter BAUCE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nope.

Calcium is less dangerous to mess with than alk and dropping the dosing will allow it to fall gradually.
 
I feel the need to add to this discussion. It may or may not have been said, but there is no direc need to dose 2 part in the exact same measurements all the time. it is two part because 1 is calcium and one is calcium carbonate (ALK). mixing hte two will cause the calcium to precipitate out of the solution so you have it in 2 parts.

you want to dose each bottle with what your tank is telling you per your tests. if your CA is low, add more of that to bring it up to respectable levels. same goes for the Alk. your corals may demand more of it from time to time.

I dont dose as i have a Calcium reactor on my system but recently since I was not testing often enough, my alkalinity was down in the 6's. I added just the Alkalinity supplement (BRS) over several days to bring it back up to 8.6 dKh. never touched my calcium since it was at 420.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new