Can't keep my MAG Stable!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 reef system with mostly LPS and soft corals and I can't keep my MAG stable.
Just tested it 3 times with my Elos Test Kit which I think is one of the more accurate test kits on the market. Anyhow, my MAG is sitting at 1150ppm. I ordered the Elos Expert Line buffer to raise it. Just seems like ones I get it to around 1300- 1350 it drops down to 1150ppm. I currently am dosing 60mls of ME CORAL MAG in the am and 60mls in the pm. I guess I am going to bump it up to 80mls in the am and 80 mls in the pm daily and then retest after a few days and go from there. Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated?

Last edited:

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 reef system with mostly LPS and soft corals and I can't keep my MAG stable.
Just tested it 3 times with my Elos Test Kit which I think is one of the more accurate test kits on the market. Anyhow, my MAG is sitting at 1150ppm. I ordered the Elos Expert Line buffer to raise it. Just seems like ones I get it to around 1300- 1350 it drops down to 1150ppm. I currently am dosing 60mls of ME CORAL MAG in the am and 60mls in the pm. I guess I am going to bump it up to 80mls in the am and 80 mls in the pm daily and then retest after a few days and go from there. Any thoughts or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated?

My natural reaction to these things is to spend $15 on another test kit (salifert) for example just to confirm the numbers. It's basically insurance, but it's better than potentially overdosing or dosing when not necessary. There is another thread here where someone said Mg would drop 200 points daily, which sound strange. Curious what others say.

OP
OP
FLSharkvictim

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My natural reaction to these things is to spend $15 on another test kit (salifert) for example just to confirm the numbers. It's basically insurance, but it's better than potentially overdosing or dosing when not necessary. There is another thread here where someone said Mg would drop 200 points daily, which sound strange. Curious what others say.

Just bought a Giesemann MAG test kit and we will go from there before I increase to the MAG on my doser! Here is a shot of my display as well.

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 7.42.48 PM.png

full tankshot.jpg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back