Can't see Apex display

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex display died a couple of months ago. I bought a cheap tablet to substitute for the display, but sometimes the wifi lag, fusion lag, etc gets frustrating.

I bought a brand new display this week. I had the old black and purple display, the new one is the silver and orange display. I can't see the display unless I am right in front of it, I can't see it. The old black display had very good visibility from an angle.

Is this just how it is now?

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same situation. Actually called Neptune and they recommended to reduce the lines but still the same.

Really liked the blue screen as it had better contrast.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same situation. Actually called Neptune and they recommended to reduce the lines but still the same.

Really liked the blue screen as it had better contrast.
The number of lines wouldn't matter. It's literally invisible unless you are right in front of it. Honestly, the orange light is unattractive also. In a dark room, it's too bright.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your problems with using a tablet is that there is lag and connection issues I wonder if instead of connecting through the internet to fusion you would have a better experience logging into the apex local dashboard.

I’ve never stayed logged into to apex local for a long time so I can’t say for a fact that it will work better, and you are still connecting through your home network, but if you already have the tablet then it doesn’t cost anything to try and see if it helps.

OP
OP
jasonrusso

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your problems with using a tablet is that there is lag and connection issues I wonder if instead of connecting through the internet to fusion you would have a better experience logging into the apex local dashboard.

I’ve never stayed logged into to apex local for a long time so I can’t say for a fact that it will work better, and you are still connecting through your home network, but if you already have the tablet then it doesn’t cost anything to try and see if it helps.
I actually had it that way. I just liked the way that Fusion looked better. I don't remember a real difference.

Also, wet fingers and touch screens don't play well

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back