Can't see Apex display

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,433
Reaction score
2,433
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex display died a couple of months ago. I bought a cheap tablet to substitute for the display, but sometimes the wifi lag, fusion lag, etc gets frustrating.

I bought a brand new display this week. I had the old black and purple display, the new one is the silver and orange display. I can't see the display unless I am right in front of it, I can't see it. The old black display had very good visibility from an angle.

Is this just how it is now?
 
I had the same situation. Actually called Neptune and they recommended to reduce the lines but still the same.

Really liked the blue screen as it had better contrast.
 
I had the same situation. Actually called Neptune and they recommended to reduce the lines but still the same.

Really liked the blue screen as it had better contrast.
The number of lines wouldn't matter. It's literally invisible unless you are right in front of it. Honestly, the orange light is unattractive also. In a dark room, it's too bright.
 
If your problems with using a tablet is that there is lag and connection issues I wonder if instead of connecting through the internet to fusion you would have a better experience logging into the apex local dashboard.

I’ve never stayed logged into to apex local for a long time so I can’t say for a fact that it will work better, and you are still connecting through your home network, but if you already have the tablet then it doesn’t cost anything to try and see if it helps.
 
If your problems with using a tablet is that there is lag and connection issues I wonder if instead of connecting through the internet to fusion you would have a better experience logging into the apex local dashboard.

I’ve never stayed logged into to apex local for a long time so I can’t say for a fact that it will work better, and you are still connecting through your home network, but if you already have the tablet then it doesn’t cost anything to try and see if it helps.
I actually had it that way. I just liked the way that Fusion looked better. I don't remember a real difference.

Also, wet fingers and touch screens don't play well
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new