Can't seem to get conductivity commands to work

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishTruck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FishTruck

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2018
Messages
1,122
Reaction score
1,680
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I am trying to use my conductivity probe to control my brine pump. Here are the issues.
1. when I program it as Condx4 - the command is rejected.
2. when I use "Cond" or "Salt" it takes the program, but, does not work correctly.

Example.

If Condx4 < 35.4 Then Off "ERROR" acceptable commands Cond... etc... etc... It will not accept this command line.

If Cond > 35.4 Then OFF
or
If Salt > 35.4 Then OFF - Apex will accept this command line. But, then ignores it.

Example, the Condx4 is 36.5 and the pump just stays ON.


Thoughts.

Why won't it take Condx4 as a command?
Are Cond, Salt and Condx4 the same thing, or no? If the same, then why is the conductivity being ignored?

Do I need to do this on a virtual outlet?
 
Last edited:
Can you post your full pump configuration? Thanks. This is what I use with a similar pump:

Fallback ON
Set OFF
If ORP > 440 Then OFF
If ORP < 300 Then ON
Defer 000:30 Then ON

Maybe you're just missing the ON command when Salt is < 35.4.
 
Here is what I have now, for outlet BRINE 2-2
1682080015791.png


Because Condx4 is > 35.2... I want the brine pump off... but it is on. I don't know if "Salt" is the same as "Condx4" and I can't get it to take Condx4 as a command.

1682080074585.png
 
HAH! Fixed it I think.

I changed the name of the probe from "Condx4" to "Salt"... and the brine pump shut off while in automatic mode.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new