Loop Background GIF by Omer Correa
"..in the center next to the lobo."

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a rule. Post a ridiculously annoying blue photo, and you can't post another photo for 90 days. I don't know how many times I've open a thread with one of these photos and wasted my time. I just immediately close them out now.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That wouldn't really help people who are trying to get answers, and punishing someone for breaking a rule of thumb they didn't know about is a bit silly.

Plus, wasting 3 months of someone's time in retribution for wasting a few seconds of yours is a bit much.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone posts shots of coral or Pods for an ID and 99% of the time it's in all blue saturated light. Can't see a thing, never.

So why not a sticky on how to post a picture for ID? Maybe some people will read it.

Okay, I'm done venting.
We have this as a note in the fish disease information section, but we still see mostly blue shots. Those just don’t work for disease diagnosis!
I’ve been told by some folks that their tank only has blue LEDs….I suggest they use a flashlight
Jay

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have this as a note in the fish disease information section, but we still see mostly blue shots. Those just don’t work for disease diagnosis!
I’ve been told by some folks that their tank only has blue LEDs….I suggest they use a flashlight
Jay
Most people posting blue pics a just starting out. I don't think it's touch of a burden for all " experts " to help them learn how to take the pic. Trying to make them feel stupid isn't cool at all. It's not that hard for an expert to say turn up the whites or use a flashlight. If that is to difficult then researching their problem is certainly to difficult. Is it that hard to just be nice? There was a time when you all, including experts, asked questions .

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be a rule. Post a ridiculously annoying blue photo, and you can't post another photo for 90 days. I don't know how many times I've open a thread with one of these photos and wasted my time. I just immediately close them out now.
Your attitude sucks. Makes me want to quit this. I think I will. See ya.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Closed and thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back