Captive-Bred Yellow Tangs Available

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Y'all,

After months of hard work we finally have some yellows to put up on the site! These guys are all around 1.25"-1.5" in sizing and taking on tons of pellets, frozen food, nori, and fresh ulva. I had a limited amount to put up on the site.

yellowtang_1_720x.jpg

wmchaseb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed them. Any chance you have any left? If not how long until available again?

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know many people missed out on this batch and we will have larger batches available soon. In the mean time I just put up 30 more on our site. These are the last ones for at least a week or two.

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious when do these start shipping?
We ship Monday-Thursday every week. If you didn't put your preferred ship date the the notes section I sent out an email to almost all the orders that came in to coordinate that. But if you didn't receive an email please send over an email to me at [email protected] with your order number and preferred date of receival.

We try not to ship out any orders without confirmation so fish don't get left on doorsteps all day.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, price is pretty reasonable. Would these be considered fully quarantined?

OP
OP
Biota_Marine

Biota_Marine

Jake At Biota
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same question, can you post a bit about your disease management approach for this species?
So we don't prophylactically treat any of our animals just as a good practice because all of our fish are very young. The yellow tang are also coming from our Hawaii facility which is a mostly sterile laboratory setting so none of the fish are mixed with any wild fish or subject to any incoming pathogens.

At our Florida facility there are also no wild animals so no incoming pathogens unless they're coming from one of our other facilities. I perform skin scrapes and gill clippings in the populations frequently to ensure everything is looking clean and there's no cause for concern. The yellow tangs specifically have their own system as of next month because of the production quantities we're expecting for the rest of the summer.

So I suggest these specimens are disease and pest free and I would advise against prophylactic treatment but if you have a QT tank available it doesn't hurt to have them recover after shipping for a week or so and make sure they're perfect before putting into your display. If you do need to perform a prophylactic treatment I highly suggest not using any copper or other harsh treatments. I usually keep a good amount of Chloroquine phosphate on hand just in case.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back