OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't blame you for the view! Sure beats some of the flatter areas of Austin! Where did you get the 80/20? Locally or online?

All of my 80/20 stuff was sourced from tnutz.com. much better pricing than direct, and they can get pretty much anything you need even if it isn't on their website.

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
82BAC131-9C75-4256-A39D-FDB6A89107F6.jpeg

FDEEC8F5-667D-43B0-9C9D-BB7448D57A7B.jpeg

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a couple bulkheads with hairline cracks, had to go grab a couple of them from the store this morning and got everything back up and running leak free.

Snagged a maricultured Acro Colony and frag for $45 while I was at the fish store...both have a lot of potential! Pics later hopefully, at my daughters 5th birthday party now!

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a couple bulkheads with hairline cracks, had to go grab a couple of them from the store this morning and got everything back up and running leak free.

Snagged a maricultured Acro Colony and frag for $45 while I was at the fish store...both have a lot of potential! Pics later hopefully, at my daughters 5th birthday party now!

Which store do you go to? The dome?

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which store do you go to? The dome?

Yeah, that is the only store remotely close to me sadly...at 30 mins away it’s about 20 mins closer than RCA.

I lucked out on the mariculture...pretty good yellow/green tipped colony that was healthy, but could tell the colors have potential. The last one I got from them was almost all white but had great PE, and it is now a pearly white base with shades of dark blue going to purple tips.

Lights were all out by the time we got home, so maybe some pics tomorrow. These went into the new tank and everything looks happy right now, so it might be time to move the livestock from the old tank and shut it down in the next few days!!

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! You outdid your previous Waterbox tank! How did your tank cycle and ready for SPS so fast? My new tank is coming soon so I want to get it cycled quick too

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! You outdid your previous Waterbox tank! How did your tank cycle and ready for SPS so fast? My new tank is coming soon so I want to get it cycled quick too

I’ve had new rock cycling since mid-February, so that rock is already established and growing corraline algae. On top of that, I will move a good number of the rocks from the old tank into the new tank down in the sump for a while, then will slowly remove those over the next couple months.

Stats as of last night:

Salinity - 1.026
Alk - 6.78 (raising to 7.5 before transfer)
Calcium - 452 (will slowly reduce to 420ish)
Nitrate - undetectable again...guess I will continue dosing it
Phosphate - 0.02

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that is the only store remotely close to me sadly...at 30 mins away it’s about 20 mins closer than RCA.

I lucked out on the mariculture...pretty good yellow/green tipped colony that was healthy, but could tell the colors have potential. The last one I got from them was almost all white but had great PE, and it is now a pearly white base with shades of dark blue going to purple tips.

Lights were all out by the time we got home, so maybe some pics tomorrow. These went into the new tank and everything looks happy right now, so it might be time to move the livestock from the old tank and shut it down in the next few days!!

I'd love to see some pics of these maris!

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to see some pics of these maris!

I am not a great photographer, but here are some quick top downs from my iPhone. Both are on 3” tiles, the one I’ve had for a few months was smaller than the tile when I got it for sure.

One I’ve had for a few months (under a photon v2 right now on the temp tank, so the colors aren’t even across the picture. It is more purple than blue, so the right edge looks right to me):

030F56FD-33F7-4879-A481-D17B0AFB5D53.jpeg

And the new one. The base is a little lighter to the naked eye, and the tips maybe slightly more yellow, but this is as good as I could get. This one is under Radiums, much easier to photograph:
65CF82CC-99A3-4D61-B912-AA9C370E7F16.jpeg

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock has all moved to the big tank now! Spent about 4 hours last night doing some acclimation and getting things moved over. All the coral is in disarray right now, but it’s in the tank at least. Will spend some time placing corals over the next few days and get some pics for everyone.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livestock has all moved to the big tank now! Spent about 4 hours last night doing some acclimation and getting things moved over. All the coral is in disarray right now, but it’s in the tank at least. Will spend some time placing corals over the next few days and get some pics for everyone.

Hope they are settled soon for you. :)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not a great photographer, but here are some quick top downs from my iPhone. Both are on 3” tiles, the one I’ve had for a few months was smaller than the tile when I got it for sure.

One I’ve had for a few months (under a photon v2 right now on the temp tank, so the colors aren’t even across the picture. It is more purple than blue, so the right edge looks right to me):

030F56FD-33F7-4879-A481-D17B0AFB5D53.jpeg

And the new one. The base is a little lighter to the naked eye, and the tips maybe slightly more yellow, but this is as good as I could get. This one is under Radiums, much easier to photograph:
65CF82CC-99A3-4D61-B912-AA9C370E7F16.jpeg
Good looking start for the collection.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those aluminium extrusion stands.
They provide a very clean finish and sleek design.
If they were available here, I would break down my tank just to get them under it.

Very cool tank.
How high do you have your light fixture above the water level?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back