Carbocalcium and pH

An update on this my pH is seems to really only be .08-.2 lower but I really think that my pH meter was not calibrated as well as it could have so honestly I would ignore my anecdote.

BUT. My coral qt which does not get dosed all for reef has a higher ph (usually 8.3 rather than 8.22 or 8.01 ish which I get on the display). This coral qt is in a basement with a hob filter so I can't imagine aeration is very great down there.

I also want to clarify I am not criticizing all for reef as I greatly enjoy the DIY method. It plus extra supplementation of trace elements (potassium in particula). Dosing an average of 1 thing a day is much more convenient than the previous 3-6 I did before
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new