Carbon/GFO Neutralizing Skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2012
Messages
308
Reaction score
11
Location
Erie, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if running a carbon/gfo mix in a reactor could reduce the waste removed by my skimmer. My skimmer was working great, pulling all kinds of waste from the water. Then I added a reactor to my refugium so I could get rid of my HOB filter. Since the, my skimmer bubbles and foams like before except the waste is so much clearer. I haven't changed my feeding or livestock. Any ideas.
 
I ran about a gallon through the reactor and it was clear.
 
I also recently started running reactors with gfo and carbon.I havent noticed that the quanity of my skimmate to be cut in about 1/2.Although my tanks looks the best it has in a while.The quality(smell and texture) of the skimmate hasnt changed.I also cut back on my feedings too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new