Carbondoser vs hydros+solenoid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see your opinions and which would be the best option? I am buying to assemble a calcium reactor soon and since I am new to reactors I have this doubt as to which would be a more accurate option or which other option would be recommended.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon doser is a fine tune bubble release regulator that is very useful for setting up a calcium reactor. The carbon doser also has a selenoid, it is the fine tuning of the bubble valve , not the presence of a selenoid that makes the carbon doser "special" for a calcium reactor fine tuning. The Hydros is going to turn it on and off, not fine tune it.

Fine tuning promotes stability.

That's the difference. If the selenoid that is hooked to the hydros can be fine tuned to release a bubble per second, and not just open and release a blast of CO2 from the cylender then they could work the same. My experience is not with Hydros, but with regulators and selenoids (on/off) that dump CO2 instead of distribute it with fine tuning (Carbon "DOSER".)

Hth.K :cool:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back