Caribbean octopus tank.

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m build an aquarium for a Caribbean Octopus which Head size about 1"- 1-1/2 trying to figure out how big of a whole (diameter) whole it can squeeze through. Trying to figure out how to to build my overflow flow and pump inlet. Or he big of a crack can they fit through. I know they are escape artist so I built the top so in bolts down.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you need to fabricate around every crack and crevice. Cover overflows completely, you can use something like this to cut and superglue on top of overflows and any other opening, leave nothing to the imagination. You can also paint this stuff to help conceal. It's a mesh so allows your overflow to still breath, I use it for my eel tanks.

OP
OP
Wolfw28

Wolfw28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you need to fabricate around every crack and crevice. Cover overflows completely, you can use something like this to cut and superglue on top of overflows and any other opening, leave nothing to the imagination. You can also paint this stuff to help conceal. It's a mesh so allows your overflow to still breath, I use it for my eel tanks.
I’m making a divider out of acrylic trying to see how big the whole can be. They need to be small enough it can’t go through but large enough not to impede flow.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

Back