Carlo's 16 Gallon Biocube LED

Skarniqo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tank Specs​

Display: Coralife BioCube 16 LED, 15" L x 16.75" W x 17.5" H
Stand: None
Rock: Dry rock from local fish store
Sand: Bought with the tank not sure
Lighting: Stock Biocube LED
Heater: Eheim Jager 100 Watt
Circulation: Maxi Jet 900 pump
Skimmer: None
Filtration: Stock
Filter Media: In the top section of the media basket, I have a biomax media. The second section has little Seachem Purigen and another bag of biomax media, and the lowest/bottom section has Chemipure Elite.
Top Off: None
Light Schedule: LC1 (Daylights):11:00-21:00 | LC2 (Sunrise / Sunset):10:00-21:30 | LC3 (Moon Lights): 6:00-24:00

Maintenance & Feeding​

I feed once a day (flake and frozen) and I do a 2.5g water change every 2 weeks
Livestock
  • 2 Ocellaris clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
  • Firefish Goby (Nemateleotris Magnifica)
  • Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
  • 2 Peppermint shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)
  • Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab (Paguristes cadenati)
  • 5 Blue-Legged Hermit Crab (Clibanarius tricolor)
  • 2 Nassarius Snail (Nassarius)
Coral
  • Kenya tree (Capnella)
  • Pulsing Xenia (Heteroxenia fuscescens)
  • Green Star Polyps (Pachyclavularia violacea)
  • Devils Hand (Lobophytum pauciflorum)
  • Toad Stool (Sarcophyton glaucum)
  • Candy Cane (Caulastrea furcata)
  • Hammer (Euphyilla Parancora)
  • Green Fuzzy Mushroom (Rhodactis howesi)
  • Leopard Mushroom (Discosoma neglecta)
  • Purple Mushroom (Actinodiscus nummiformis)
  • Blue Mushroom (Actinodiscus coerulea)
  • Red Mushroom (Actinodiscus cardinalis)

History​

01/1/2024
IMG_4966-2.jpg

01/1/2023
IMG_9358.jpg

12/1/2022 image.thumb.jpeg.f329209fda0dbc72d27686411289ff8d.jpg.e885205c96517badf7cd97776974ad77.jpg
11/1/2022 image.thumb.jpeg.f329209fda0dbc72d27686411289ff8d.jpeg
10/1/2022 image.thumb.jpeg.cabcd66f5b8dde19ae82a26d96e1fcfd.jpeg
09/1/2022 image.thumb.jpeg.9057c806add0878f0bb6539ee3cfbdd6.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Tank looks great, I looked at the history of the tank but I'm wondering when it was initially started?
 
Tank looks great, I looked at the history of the tank but I'm wondering when it was initially started?
i waited a 2 weeks before i put anything in the tank. i put some bottled bacteria as soon as i set it up
 
i waited a 2 weeks before i put anything in the tank. i put some bottled bacteria as soon as i set it up
I am wondering how long the tank was set up before your first picture?
 
That's beautiful! I love all the corals! Would you mind sharing which you'd recommend if you were to do it all again? (and approximately how much you spent on Corals) Thank you!
 
That's beautiful! I love all the corals! Would you mind sharing which you'd recommend if you were to do it all again? (and approximately how much you spent on Corals) Thank you!
i would have gotten my wave maker way sooner, created more flow in the tank and more corals started to open up and grow faster. also i wish i left it alone more, i would always mess with coral placements and at the end it doesnt really matter that much
 
Tank looks great so far!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new