Carpenter Wrasse - Pest Control and Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter crabgrass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

crabgrass

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2022
Messages
580
Reaction score
385
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi -

I am looking for a Wrasse that meets the following criteria:

1) Hardy / good shipper
2) peaceful
3) pest control for coral

From what I read here, a Carptener meets #1 and #2. How about pests? Any other alternatives?
 
Carpenters while beautiful will do little to control pests. Melanarus works but just a heads up not always invert safe
Would they go after a cleaner or pistol shrimp? Or talking about smaller hermits and snails?
 
yellow wrasse (formerly advertised and sold as yellow coris wrasse) meets all of those requirements. they’re good workers with a splash of color.
 
yellow wrasse (formerly advertised and sold as yellow coris wrasse) meets all of those requirements. they’re good workers with a splash of color.
Just a heads up tho they come with the same occasionally eat inverts warning of the melanarus wrasse (though I've hears anecdotally they are slightly less likely)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new